Sunday, May 13, 2012

MACULAR DEGENERATION

Lenses being wiped with tissue.  More scratches made themselves known as the tissue was used.  The present is grainier every moment it is stared at to have and to hold on to rub and to rub can't get this streak out a streak thickening into another scratch as the tissue is applied and fingernails lacerate the tissue.  The present is grainier every moment it is stared at to have and to hold on to rub and to rub can't get this streak out a streak thickening into another scratch scratches intersect to form another grid another plane between lenses closing in on each other invading each other's field of vision.  


Lenses being wiped with tissue.  More scratches made themselves known as the tissue was used.  As the tissue was used lens upon lens upon lens tissue was wiped more scratches in the tissue made themselves known as the blood was used as the tissue thinned as the blood was used as the blood pressed its face against the window of the limbs turning back to the screen always back to the screen.  Tissue being wiped with lenses.  More scratches made themselves known as the tissue was used.  As the tissue was used lens upon lens upon lens tissue was wiped more scratches in the tissue made themselves known as the blood was used as the tissue thinned as the blood was used as the blood pressed its face against the window of the limbs turning back to the screen always back to the screen.  Tissue being wiped with lenses.


Reading.  Blinkard was is reading.  Blinkard is was reading while sitting at his desk in his office at home his desk in his office at the office home was miles and hours away in his mind where he wanted to be in his mind in his office where he was is reading Blinkard was is.  Reading.  Unevenly.  Peeled unevenly.  Chewed bitten and peeled unevenly.  They.  They manage.  They manage to come back.  No matter how unevenly peeled they manage to come back no matter how unevenly chewed bitten and peeled unevenly.  They.  They manage.  They manage to come back.  Back turning back to the screen always back to the screen.  Tissue being wiped with lenses.


Blinkard: (on the phone reading off his computer) Nothing's wrong, it's just my connection.  It's taking forever to go somewhere.  It appears stuck at the moment.  And the next. And the next.  So what did she say about that?  Really?  What are you going to do now?  It looks like it's trying to do something and then again maybe not.  And then again maybe not.  What on Earth made me think that?  What made me think it was trying to do something when all this that time it wasn't?  Something here.  What?  What is this?  Clever very clever.  They live in holes dug by others.  I must have clicked on the wrong tab, one I had open earlier.  Falling into my own holes.  I don't know if they are going to move us to fill in the other two areas.  You're right.  The other three areas.  I'm not sure if there's enough of us to fill in for the other three.  You would think that might permit some flexibility, but all I keep seeing in front of me and in my head is one of those rope bridges with more missing planks of wood.  Trying not to look down or make it sway from side to side.  What's that?  What part didn't come through?  The most recent part wasn't clear?  It's not a matter of clarity anymore, you know.  Wherever I sit or stand it's the same thing the same scene, man.  It keeps swaying every time someone asks a question you sway to one side and someone else asks another question and then you sway to the other side all the time opening out onto a great height.  And if you want to steady things with your hands or your silence you're told how quiet you've been and their suspicions replace all their talk of climbing and ascension and then it darkens into warnings of how far you and others will follow the flushing down and down and down to the rejoicing rocks below.  Being down to Earth joins all the rest of the bullshit on the refuse dump of meaninglessness.  Best regards.  Not to you.  To her.  And everyone else over in her neck of the woods.  I know we have no woods.  Her and everyone over at the place by the you know where the plane crashed.  No, not that building the other one.  Why would I refer to her building as the one where half of it is missing and the roof collapsed in?  Well, I'll have to give her a call as well if part of the roof fell in at their building, too.  You went by there to drop off your stuff?  Oh, you picked up.  I went by there as well, but I got a plain.  Yes, that's me in a nutshell.  I think it had gone stale.  Left out too long.  


Cussman: (entering and sitting downHas Nancy been by here?
Blinkard: I haven't seen her.  She's still?
Cussman: Yes, she's still.
Blinkard: I think I accidentally opened another wrong window.
Cussman: I'm hoping to avoid her if I can today.
Blinkard: Are you both still?
Cussman: Yes, we're both still.  At least I hope so, but I don't know for how much longer.  I guess I'm just putting off the inevitable.  
Blinkard: Look it up yourself for a change.
Cussman: I know what inevitable means.
Blinkard: Don't know where to start or where to go from here do you?
Cussman: Are you talking to me?
Blinkard: No.  Sorry.  Actually, yes, it could be applied to you.  Yes, I'm talking to you.  Heed my words before they evaporate into the fluorescent lighting.  But, no, you won't.  And no you won't either on the other end of this phone.


Nancy: (entering and standing in the doorway) You have to go further into the back to find anybody.  And here you are.
Cussman: Yes we are.  
Nancy: No wonder it looks darker, two of your fluorescent tubes are out.
Cussman: Just one.  If you wait long enough the other one will eventually flash on and off.
Nancy: What an exciting wait that will be.  
Blinkard: I don't know how I got to holes already dug by other animals.  Maybe it was because I searched on gaps.  I'm not sure how far they go down.  
Nancy: Whatever they are they risk their wings when they could be out flying and insist on pursuing whoever they are whoever too afraid to come out of their dark holes.  
Cussman: I must say you lost me there.
Blinkard: Never mind about how far they go down.  Back to the gaps.  Some are big enough to be quite a dark expansive division.
Nancy: Don't you have that the other way around?  Who's trying to lose who?  
Cussman: I think I need to be somewhere.
Nancy: No, take it easy.  Relax into that chair.  Isn't that better than having to burrow your way deeper into a dirty hole?
Blinkard: I'm still trying to find it. 
Cussman: Actually, I'm not noticing much of a difference right now.
Nancy: You wouldn't you Jack Wagon.
Blinkard: I saw it just the other day.  
Cussman: I had an uncle named Jack.
Nancy: That doesn't surprise me.
Blinkard: I was reading somewhere this person who was saying that if they had the right question when they were younger about the gaps between the planetary rings they might have had something named after them.  I know it sounds preposterous, but it was the other thing they said.
Nancy: Was his last name Wagon?
Cussman: No.  And it was my aunt who was called Jack.  My uncle died in a rollover.
Blinkard: Where did this come from?  Why would I even look for this?  I have too many windows open is the problem.
Nancy: Your aunt's name was Jack?
Cussman: It was a nickname for Jacqueline.
Nancy: You mean she was called Jackie.
Blinkard: What's on the ceiling?  Looks like a big what?  
Cussman: No, it was Jack.  
Nancy: Jack.  Figures.  
Blinkard: What ceiling?  I thought you were driving in your car?  Where are you calling from?
Cussman: My uncle's death was not taken very well by my aunt Jack.
Nancy: I didn't think she gave a rip.
Blinkard: What's that in the background?  Sounds like people having an argument.
Cussman: It was her car he rolled over.
Nancy: Was it a nice car?
Blinkard: I know there's people talking over here on my end, but it sounds like there's another background conversation on your end.  What looks blurry?


Follow?  Follow it?  Follow it down?  Follow it all the way down along the true chicken stories?  False chicken stories?  Lift a branch.  Lift eyes upon a place.  A place in the back.  Fingers.  Fingernails.  Fingernails with the remains of nail polish.  The remains of polish and other effects.  Fingerprints on a forehead.  Softest marble hardening lifting up eyes on a place.  A place on a forehead softest marble lifting out first impressions.  Bleach them out with profanities echoing in empty rooms with bad paint jobs.  Can see all the touching up.  Lift a brush to hair underneath the roots of a different color underneath lies the know not what underneath lies just lies.  Touched.  Pushing up beneath this place that place.  Lift a branch.  Lift eyes upon a place.  A place in the back.


Cussman: He was driving her station wagon.
Blinkard: You can't tell if it's your eyes or something's on your windshield?  Then you are in your car.  Why did you say ceiling?
Nancy: In the back.
Blinkard: You've been driving around all night avoiding her calls with a couple of friends in the back who are watching TV while the roof of the car roof of the building got got pieces here.  What have you given me?  What has it given me?  Fat bug plane crash what a site wrong site out of site out of my mind.  What have they given me?
Cussman: What're you talking about?
Blinkard: I'm not even close?  Fine.  Plausibility is ground into finer particles with every step under rotting sandals.
Nancy: Of course you don't.  Why don't you just be yourself and never mind?
Cussman: I thought I was.
Blinkard: Why have I been doing all this?  
Nancy: Going through all those abandoned areas to get in the back.  
Cussman: Why do you keep clearing your throat?
Blinkard: They thought if they had asked the right question when they were younger that they would have had something that's not there named after them.
Nancy: Maybe I picked the wrong place to rid myself.  
Cussman: Don't think it hasn't gotten to me.  I've paid too much attention to all the complaining people have made about my manner and my ways.  I'm well aware that there's still more room for growth in making myself scarce.
Blinkard: I don't wish I was young again.
Nancy: Who said you have to stay?  
Cussman: Haven't a clue.
Blinkard: I thought it was this site, but now it's looking like it was another one.  Hold on.  I know.  We're surrounded by distractions.  This is taking forever.  It looks like it's trying to do something.  Nothing's wrong, it's just my connection.


More scratches made themselves known as the tissue was used.  As the tissue was used lens upon lens upon lens tissue was wiped more scratches in the tissue made themselves known as the blood was used as the tissue thinned as the blood was used as the blood pressed its face against the window of the limbs turning back to the screen always back to the screen.  Tissue being wiped with lenses.  More scratches made themselves known as the tissue was used.  As the tissue was used lens upon lens upon lens tissue was wiped more scratches in the tissue made themselves known as the blood was used as the tissue thinned as the blood was used as the blood pressed its face against the window of the limbs turning back to the screen always back to the screen.  Tissue being wiped with lenses.


- Max Stoltenberg



No comments:

Post a Comment