Wednesday, May 7, 2014

PHLEGM BOUND

Dense was the ground patch of ground he struggled to dig into begin to even dig into as the ass of himself stuck out of himself attempting trying to make another attempt at digging into himself is that what he was doing had been doing all this time what was this time after after what after what had been doing what he had been doing dense was the ground patch of ground he struggled to dig into begin to even dig into as the ass of himself stuck out of himself attempting trying to make another attempt at digging into himself is that what he was doing had been doing all this time what was this time?

Couldn't find it looked around did I really look did I really look around enough in that room in that bar none in that prison in that desert in that school in that connection in that day in that week in that year in that decade in that life in that basement in that antique shop in that basement of that antique shop that smelled that smelled of death in that dry place in that shock where electricity could be so static? Couldn't find it looked around did I really look did I really look around enough was it when I had had enough when the rest of the making things up let go of the car and it stopped running and I started walking off into the desert where it stopped running as it keeps blowing along the wind blows what the wind blows and the wind it blows.

Took a story
they took a story
and broke it up into
lines
of a few threads
sewn together 
patterns each
and made them bow
to get a better look
up the skirt
of a story
dream what dream
insomnia postpones
conditioned by sweat
stuck to what sticks
stick figures
it figures
dream what dream 
insomnia postpones
the wind
it blows
the dread of the next day
covered up
in the ejaculations
of donuts
we are in the box
filled with coffee grounds
keeping us awake
and unable to get away

"So what did you tell them?" asked Harvey.
"I told them my name was Joe," said Frank.
They each took a donut from the box on the table. The box was an ugly pink color and had quite a lot of frosting smashed on the plastic window.
"Does yours have any chocolate left on it?" asked Baron.
"I told them we had seen about over 50 in a month," said Kincaid.
They rubbed their foreheads after bumping into each other while crawling around on the conference room floor looking for a lost contact lens. One of those who was left standing lifted up their right shoe to peek underneath.
"Did you shit yourself when you sneezed?" asked Stephanie.
"It's coming from outside," said Norman.
They waited on the back patio behind the office building each of them wiping their mouths and spitting out the dust and dirt that was being blown into their faces.
"How long has it been since we had any rain?" asked Marcia.
"My family has been trying to reach me but I think they can't get through the switchboard," said Al.
They searched in the pockets of her scrubs as she was on her back with a pool of blood that had formed on the concrete around her head.
"How many times do I have to tell you they never gave her the right set of keys?" asked Gary.
"I've been taking the bus since I drove my car off the overpass. They saved my life. So I could take the bus to work," said Elaine.
They found nothing in her pockets. They found only a weak pulse.
"Who else needs to use Morgan's password to get Lenny's project done for Amber to be sent to Howard's office that was due yesterday?" asked Penny.
"I don't think this was an actual fire drill," said Frank who sometimes went by the name of Joe to avoid getting beaten on the way home.

Couldn't find it looked around did I really look did I really look around enough in that room in that bar none in that prison in that desert in that school in that connection in that day in that week in that year in that decade in that life in that basement in that antique shop in that basement of that antique shop that smelled that smelled of death in that dry place in that shock where electricity could be so static? Couldn't find it looked around did I really look did I really look around enough was it when I had had enough when the rest of the making things up let go of the car and it stopped running and I started walking off into the desert where it stopped running as it keeps blowing along the wind blows what the wind blows and the wind it blows.


- Max Stoltenberg


No comments:

Post a Comment