Saturday, April 28, 2018

FIGURED IN

And you didn't even get to it. 

And

And you 

and

wait for the next meteor the size of a hill of toilets not a large hill maybe the size of a small building or a medium sized building just partially demolished equivalent to the size of that hill of toilets full of tremendous shits 

and

and you

you drove me to the airport where I thought about when I drove you to the airport and I went back to behind where the school used to be and worked on the corner of my right thumb and stare off into space and not wonder why there is more of it or less of it or remember the last time we waited for the next meteor and worked on the corner of my right thumb and noticed that the corner kept getting deeper and further away from my memory looking down on that pit we used to sit around and talk until you fell in since then working on the corner of my right thumb each scrape each dig alternating guilt and pleasure blending into a synthesis of a medium sized building partially demolished where something use to be after something before that used to be.


- Max Stoltenberg

No comments:

Post a Comment